- Third-party websites, applications, and integrations.
Clicking on links to third-party websites, content, applications, or integrations may allow those third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control those third-party websites or content and are not responsible for their privacy statements or the way in which they collect or use your data.
- The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes your image and first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender. This may also include government-issued ID which you provide to verify your identity.
- Contact Data which includes your home address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments you have made and other details of products and services you have accessed or used through Endelevu. We do not store card details on our server. Credit and debit card payments are processed by our payment service providers like PayPal on their secure payments server and all card details are fully encrypted and stored by them.
- Technical Data which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, hardware information, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and website, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Endelevu app and endelevu.africa web platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Services, as well as third-party platforms which you have linked to your use of our Services. Usage data includes metadata that provides additional context about the way the Services are being used such as length of visit, page views, navigation paths, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs, and mouse tracking) as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of use.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third-party partners and your communication preferences.
- User-Generated Content which includes data you submit as part of your interactions with the Endelevu Services.
- If you fail to provide contractually required personal data
Certain information is contractually required to use our services. For example, to access all sections of the Endelevu app and web platform, you need to provide your name and email address. If you fail to provide the required information, you will not be able to access our Services or we will not be able to perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you.
We do not knowingly collect or process personal data from children, and no part of our Services is directed to them. A “child” is a person under 18 years old or such age needed to consent to the processing of personal data in their country of residence. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our systems.
- Purpose of the processing
We process your personal data so we can provide you with one or more of our services:
- As an individual user, we offer you a platform to buy or sell surplus construction materials: We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting buyers and sellers for ease of trading, connecting payments, and delivery of the materials from the source to the intended destination.
- As an individual user, you may also opt to donate your surplus materials or make cash donations to suitable community projects.
- As a corporate user, we offer you a platform to make your CSR contribution to meaningful community projects. This is either through cash or material donation to your project(s) of choice. We have profiled a number of community projects on our “Projects” section and you choose which of the projects to support. To participate, we collect and process the organization’s data including the name of the organization, contacts, details of the administrator as well as nature and amount of contributions made.
- We link you with the right people: We display geolocation data and the contact details of users to enable efficient engagement, informed decision-making, and secure transactions. This data is collected only when the Endelevu is activated, and stops after the closing of the app.
- We make sure your interaction and transaction journey go smoothly: We use geolocation data to make sure your material donations get to the intended destinations and get to support your project(s) of choice. This also helps link donors and beneficiaries and provides correct data for the planning of resources.
- We make sure the app is optimal: We use contact details to notify users of updates to the Endelevu app so you can be informed of the changes and updates on the app and our services. We also gather limited data from the device that you use to connect you with our internet, mobile, and telephone services, and to help keep your account safe through authentication and verification checks.
- We collect buyers’ and donors’ payments: We obtain payment details to process buyers’ and donor payments on behalf of sellers and project owners and beneficiaries.
- We maintain and promote standards: We collect data about transactions, project progress status, time, and user ratings to encourage user safety, promote compliance with our terms and conditions, and make sure we’re providing a quality and enjoyable service to everyone. Customer support data and correspondence is collected for the purposes of feedback and resolving disputes and service quality issues.
- We keep you informed: Your name, phone number, and email address will be used to communicate with you on different matters including informing you of the status of your orders, sending you delivery confirmations, and communicating progress reports of the supported projects.
- Legal Basis
We are allowed to use personal information in the ways described above if we have a proper reason to do so. We always make sure we have a good reason for doing anything with your data.
- Personal data is generally processed in order to provide the services contracted through the Endelevu app with you. This means that to give you the service we promised you, and to meet our terms and conditions, we’ll process your personal data to meet those obligations.
- We generally, in other circumstances, process your personal data relying on legitimate interest grounds. Legitimate interests include our commercial interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable service to our users and partners unless those interests are overridden by other interests. Our legitimate interests also include things like investigating and detecting fraudulent payments and other malicious activities, maintaining the security of our network and systems, and responding to suspected or actual criminal acts.
We may, from time to time, rely on alternative legal bases when:
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as for processing data when the law requires it, including, for example, if there is a valid legal request to disclose personal information to a third party such as a Court or regulatory authority;
- it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others, for example in the event of an emergency or an imminent threat to life; or
- you have given us clear consent to do so for another specific purpose in which you have been fully informed.
If you choose not to give us personal information, it may prevent us from fulfilling the contract with you, or stop us from doing something expected of us in law. It may also mean that we cannot operate your account. For example, we collect and process the personal data submitted by you in the course of installing and using the Endelevu app. Refusing to share geolocation data via the App, for example, may mean we cannot properly link you with a buyer or seller or clearly mark your project location which may affect your level of support from donors. We will not be able to fulfill our obligations to you in other circumstances, for example, should you refuse to undertake an identity verification check to ensure the integrity of your account, then the account may be suspended or blocked to prevent fraud.
We only work with trusted partners and authorities. We only share when there is a proper reason to do so. We limit sharing to only that which is required. We do not sell your personal information.
- The personal data of the app users are securely stored and only disclosed to relevant and mandatory third-party organizations and legal authorities on a need basis.
- Feedback given by users regarding the quality of the app and its services is anonymous. Your rating is private between you and Endelevu.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be legally obliged to share information with external recipients. For example, under a Court Order or where we cooperate with a data protection supervisory authority in handling complaints or investigations. We can also respond to requests, such as those from law enforcement agencies when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction or furthers a public interest task, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. In any scenario, we’ll always satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information, and we’ll make sure that we document our decision.
- Data security
- We have put in place commercially reasonable security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. That said, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute data security.
- Endelevu and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective countries or geographical jurisdictions.
- For our research and scientific purposes, all data, like bulk geolocation data, is anonymized and you can never be identified from it.
- Data Retention
Endelevu retains user data for only as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the service it relates to, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active user account. If your account is closed, personal data will be deleted (according to our retention schedule and rules), unless such data is still required to meet any legal obligation, or for accounting, dispute resolution, or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data regarding services provided to users will be stored for three years after the last transaction. Data required for other accounting purposes will be stored for seven years after the last transaction.
- In the event of a suspected criminal offense, fraudulent activity, or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for up to 10 years.
- In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- Transaction history data and the data about usage of app services will be stored for three years, after which the data will be anonymized.
Please note that the deinstallation of the Endelevu app on your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data. If the app has not been used for three years, we’ll get in touch and ask you to confirm if you wish to keep your account active for future use. If no reply is received in a reasonable time, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless such data is required for any purpose mentioned earlier in this privacy notice.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain information to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there are valid grounds for doing so and subject to applicable law.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to data portability. You may have the right to receive certain of your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit such information to another controller.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we process your data based on legitimate interest. We will assess your objection and determine whether we have any compelling legitimate grounds or legal justification for continued processing.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- Right to complain. You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority within your country or geographical jurisdiction if you have a reason to believe that your personal data has been misused.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us as set forth in the “Contacting Endelevu” section below.
- Contacting Endelevu
6th Floor Utumishi Coop House, Mamlaka Road,
P.O. Box 4892 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254 772 612 841
Email address: email@example.com
- Direct marketing
We may send direct marketing messages to your e-mail address and/or phone number when you have given us permission to do so, or under a soft opt-in basis. We may personalize direct marketing messages using the information on how you use Endelevu services, such as how frequently you use the app or web platform, and your user preferences.
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of one of our emails, or opt-out in the profile section of the app.
- Dispute resolution
Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through our customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance. You have the right to contact our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com)